Tuesday, May 24, 2011
My Grandfather's job took him to Nagpur and my grandparents lived there for about 2 years. This is how some of the Nagpuri recipes became part of my grandmother's repertoire. My grandfather just loved this dish. My grandmother always made it on his birthday every year. This dish was also made on his death anniversary.
In my family, we use the same recipe of daal vadas/chettambade to make "vada" part of the Nagpuri vada bhaat. I found that Khaugiri has a different recipe for this dish. Anjali shares her version here.
Nagpuri Vada Bhaat
नागपुरी वडा भात
Use the same recipe of daal vadas/Chettambode. Just make smaller vadas
Prepare plain rice
Chinche che Saar -
Make Tamarind broth ready
FoDNiche Tel -
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1. Serve plain rice in a plate.
2. Break few vadas and add on top of rice.
3. Keep a bowl of tamarind saar in a plate.
4. Now make a tempering. Keep this tempering on the serving table. and drizzle directly over individual Nagpuri vada bhaat. It should make "churrrrrrrr" sound.
1. Make sure that the foDNi is drizzled as soon as it is taken off the stove. If it is stale even by few minutes, it will not make that characteristic sound and the taste will be different.