Monday, May 23, 2011
You can serve this delicious saar with plain rice but it really goes wonderfully well with Nagpuri Vada bhaat
Chinche che saar
1 1/2 tbsp tamarind paste
2 cups water
1 tbsp jaggery
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/ 2 tsp cumin seeds
1 -2 green chilies, slit
1/4 tsp asafoetida
2 red chilies, halved
2 sprigs curry leaves
1 tbsp minced cilantro
1. Dissolve tamarind paste in water. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a deep saucepan.
3 Add all the ingredients for tempering. As the seeds sizzle, add tamarind water, salt and jaggery.
4. Bring to boil. Add more water if needed. Adjust for salt and jaggery.
5. Simmer for 10-12 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
1. This saar goes very well with Nagpuri Vada bhaat.