Quinoa with Peanuts
1 cup raw quinoa, rinsed and cooked per instructions
salt to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanut powder
1 medium Yukon gold potato, peeled, grated (optional)
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp grated ginger
2-3 green chilies, slit
1/2 tsp cumin seeds or 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
2 tbsp cilantro or italian parsley, chopped
1/2 lemon, squeezed
1. Rinse and cook quinoa per instructions. Set aside to cool down.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add the ingredients for tempering.
3. As they sizzle, add grated potato - if using. Sauté for 5 minutes. Now add cooked and cooled quinoa, salt, sugar and roasted peanut powder.
4. Stir nicely. Squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle chopped cilantro or italian parsley.
5. Cover and let it cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
6. Serve hot.
1. Depending on the required heat level, you can slit, chop or grind green chilies to get the various degrees of heat. You can also increase or decrease their number.
2. I love the flavor of grated ginger in the khichdi. You can adjust per your taste.