tomato with lemon dressing, I am blogging about tomato with yogurt today. You can also add onion in any of the above salads for the extra crunch. However, whenever this salad is made for any religious/festive meals, onion is always avoided.
Tomato chi Dahyatli Koshimbeer
4 ripe but firm tomatoes, chopped
2 green chilies, chopped
1 cup firmly set plain yogurt
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1/3 cup roasted, unsalted peanut powder/daaNyache kooT
1 tsp oil or ghee/clarified butter
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/ 2 tsp mustard seeds (optional)
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp fresh coconut
1. Mix tomatoes, salt, sugar, peanut powder, chilies and yogurt.
2. Heat oil or ghee in a saucepan or foDNichi paLi. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
3. Drizzle tempered oil over the salad.
4. Garnish with coconut and cilantro - if using.
1. Mom adds tempering to the tomato mixture first without adding yogurt. and then she adds yogurt. Sometimes hot tempered oil/ghee curdles yogurt.
2. Add more yogurt if you like.