Monday, March 21, 2011

Thandai for Holi

I am not sure when my blog will see the title "Puranpoli for Holi"? I have made Puran Poli - Mangaluru style, I have tried it Gujarati style. But I haven't yet tried it Maharashtrian style. The only reason is that I am very intimidated. It's a daunting task for me to make Maharashtrian Puran Poli - the one which my grandmothers, aunts and mom have put it on the pedestal. Holi without Puran Poli is a showstopper and every year, I promise my blog that next year, I am making it. But this year, bloggie, let's just have Thandai. Let's make Puran poli next year!!

Thandai
Ingredients
2 tsp Thandai powder
1 cup milk
1 tsp sugar (more or less per taste)

Method
1. Mix all the ingredients together. I used my "Bru Shaker".
2. Pass through a sieve/strainer.
3. Serve chilled.

Note -
1. For richer taste, use full fat milk. I used skim milk.


Recipe Credits -
After making Thandai powder, I referred to Tarla Dalal's recipe.

Print Page

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs