As I have mentioned before, when a flatbread is kneaded using milk instead of water, it is called a "Dushmi" in Marathi. For fasting, special flours like rajgira/rajgaro (amaranth flour), shingada (water chestnut) flours are used. Today I am blogging about Rajgiryachi Dushmi
Amaranth Flour Flatbread
1 cup rajgira flour
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
milk as needed to knead
salt to taste
1. Mix flour, cumin seeds and salt.
2. Using milk as needed, knead into a dough.
3. Roll into 4 - 6 small flatbreads.
4. Roast on a griddle or tawa till brown spots appear on both sides.
5. Serve along with batatyachi upasachi bhaaji or Ratalyachi bhaaji or Bhoplyachi bhaaji or Mirchichi pasachi bhaaji.
1. Many people, especially Gujaratis use rock salt called sindhav or saindhav for preparing fasting food.