Saturday, March 5, 2011
MaThTha makes a wonderful accompaniment with kaLa bhaat. Do not forget to serve Jilbi as a dessert to complete the traditional meal!:-D
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
4 cups water
salt to taste
sugar to taste (optional)
Grind to fine paste
1" ginger, peeled
2 green chilies (use more or less)
2 tbsp cilantro/coriander leaves
2 tsp toop/ghee/clarified butter
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
2 curry leaves sprigs, torn
1. Churn yogurt with water, salt and sugar - if using.
2. Add green paste and churn again.
3. Heat ghee in a small saucepan. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
4. Drizzled the tempered oil. Mix
5. Serve with kaLa bhaat
1. If yogurt is naturally sweet, do not use sugar.