Saturday, March 26, 2011
Club Sandwich is a toasted sandwich but what makes it special is three breads instead of the usual two. I love to order this sandwich along with a cup of tea or coffee. You can also request the whole wheat bread (which goes by brown bread in Mumbai). That's what I generally do when I have it at one of my favorite places - Tea Center at Resham Bhavan.
Here's my version
Club Sandwich - Serves 2
6 slices of bread
1 boiled potato, peeled & cut into thin circles
1 red but very firm tomato, cut into thin circles (Make sure to remove seeds)
1 small cucumber, peeled and cut into thin circles2 slices of cheese
1 recipe sandwich chutney
butter/oil as needed
1. Butter the bread slices.
2. Place bread slices with buttered side down in the sandwich maker.
3. Spread chutney, tomato, cucumber.
4. Place another bread slice on top.
5. Add potato and cheese slices
6. Place third bread on top. Spread some butter on the outer side.
7. Toast in the sandwich maker till ready
8. Serve with a tooth pick holding the sandwich along with tomato ketchup and hot cup of tea or coffee
1. In United States, I use Pepperidge Farm's very thin bread slices to make this sandwich. If using those, make sure that tomatoes are very firm otherwise it will make the sandwich soggy.
2. You can spread green chutney on all the breads to make it spicy or do not use green chutney to make it mild.