Generally vada nu loat in my MIL's flour of choice for making any such flatbreads. It's nutritious. But if you do not have one, just mix any flours you may have in your pantry. Just make sure that besan or chickpea flour has the maximum proportion.
Vadheli Khichdi na Pooda
Pancake made from the leftover Khichdi
Vada nu loat- As needed
A mixture of (besan +rice flour+Wheat flour+Urad Flour+Jowar Flour)
Onion, thinly chopped
salt to taste
chili powder to taste
handful of cilantro, minced
1. Mix all the ingredients together without adding any water. If too dry, just wet your hands to mix all together. If it appears too wet, add more flour.
2. Form balls. Pat on the hot griddle
3. Make holes with the back of a spoon.
4. Drizzle oil. Cook on both sides till crispy.
5. Serve with tomato ketchup or chutney of your choice
1. Depending on the type of khichdi , you may need to add more spice powders. If the khichdi is totally bland, you may need to add a pinch of garam masala, or coriander cum seed powder. If Khichdi already has the spice powders, then do not add those. Though Khichdi may have salt, you still need to add salt for the flours
2. Remove any whole spices that may have been used in your khcidi. You can keep whole black peppercorns if you like a bite.
3. When mixing the different flours instead of vada nu loat, make sure to take more chickpea flour/besan compare to the remaining flours.