Saturday, January 8, 2011
Quinoa - Kale Thalipeeth
1/2 cups Quinoa BhajNi
2-3 Kale leaves, rinsed, shredded finely
2 tbsp minced onion
1 tsp minced green chilies (more or less per heat)
salt to taste
1/2 tsp goda masala
oil for frying
1 Mix all the ingredients except oil.
2. Adding water as needed, knead to a dough.
3. Make 7 small balls.
4. Heat a griddle or tawa or pan. Using wet hand, place a ball of dough directly on the pan. Pat into a small circle, taking care not to touch the hot pan. Alternatively, you can use a saran wrap and pat the ball on a plate and then transfer to the hot pan.
5. Using the back of a spoon, dig holes into the thalipeeth. Drizzle oil around the thalipeeth and in the holes.
6. Cook till crispy. Flip and cook on the other side.
1. Traditionally, thalipeeth is served with homemade white butter(loNi). I like to serve mine with tomato ketchup.