Sunday, January 16, 2011

Indian Pots and Pans

There are many types of pots, pans and utensils used in Indian kitchen. They are made from copper, brass, stainless steel, wood, ceramic, stone etc. Sometimes, when my mom refers to something with a specific name, I get confused. What exactly she means by "Sat" and "Pedhe gaThi"? Last time, I took pictures and wrote the names! Pathetic - on my part,  I admit - that I am forgetting these cute names!! So I thought of showcasing some Indian kitchen utensils with their peculiar names.(mostly in Marathi, Konkani, Gujarati).

Here's the list which will get updated regularly -

Pedhe GaaThi Daba
Shakuntala Paatra
Masalyacha Daba
PoLicha Daba
Gaj
Dahyacha sat
Lagdi
Paraat
TasraaLe
Chahache Bhaande
KisNi
viLi -1
viLi -2
Bhaatacha haat
Daav or Daaul
FodNichi PaLi
SaNshi/Pakad
ChimTa
LaatNe
Ravi
Shimpla
KaatNi
Khal Batta
UkhaL
Jaate
Ragda
Paata - Varvanta
GaaLNe
ChaLne
Zaara
Ulathane
Beedacha Tawa
Appe Patra
Idli Paatra
Puran Yantra
Full Paatra
Vaati
TaaT
PoL Paat
DaaL GhoTNi
PeddavaN
BogaLe
Handvo Cooker
Dhokla Cooker
Gharghanti
Lemon Juicer
Mosambi Juicer
MudaaLe
Modak Saacha
Kulfi Saacha



Print Page

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs