2 salmon fillets
1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp paprika or chili powder
salt to taste
12 button mushrooms, cut into 4
1 bell pepper, chopped into big squares
1/2 bottle ready made pasta sauce (I use Mario Batalli)
1/2 can reduced fat coconut milk (I use whole foods, organic reduced fat)
A pinch of garam masala (or more)
Freshly squeezed lemon juice
black pepper powder, fresh
1. Clean and cut salmon fillets in bite sized chunks.
2. Marinate with ginger-garlic paste, chili powder, salt and turmeric powder
3. Heat oil in a saucepan. Saute mushrooms and bell peppers.
4. As they get soft, add marinated salmon. saute for 30 seconds without breaking it.
5. Add pasta sauce, coconut milk and water as needed. Add a pinch of garam masala.
6. Bring to boil. Simmer for sometime.
7. When serving in individual bowls, drizzle fresh lemon juice and black pepper powder.
8. Serve hot fish stew with crusty french bread or sourdough bread.
1. You can vary the recipe by adding onion and/or ginger-garlic paste in tempering.
2. This recipe serves 4 people.