Idlies with Yogurt
4 leftover idlis
1 cup cold yogurt
A pinch of salt
1 tsp sugar (more or les per your taste)
1 tsp oil
A pinch of mustard seeds
A pinch of cumin seeds
A pinch of asafoetida
A generous pinch of chaat masala
A pinch of mild chili powder or paprika
A pinch of finely minced cilantro
1. Warm leftover idlies and make sure that they are at room temperature.
2. Divide idlies in 2 serving bowls.
3. Pour sweetened yogurt over each bowl.
4. Heat oil in a small saucepan. Add the tempering ingredients. Drizzle the hot oil over idlies.
5. Sprinkle the chaat masala and paprika.
6. Garnish with cilantro.
7. Serve immediately.
1. If yogurt is too thick, you can add a spoonful of water.
2. You can also add a few curry leaves and 1 red chili, halved - in tempering.
3. I used nonfat, plain ogurt. For creamier/richer taste, you can use full fat yogurt.
4. This recipe serves 2 people. You can easily increase the quantity for more people.