I always serve black eyed peas in some form to ring in New Year. It's an American - especially southern - tradition to eat black eyed peas for good luck. This time, I have made these crunchy tandoori style black eyed peas. They can be served as a quick snack with drinks.
Tandoori Black Eyed Peas
Recipe inspired from Southern Living
2 cans black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp tandoori masala
salt to taste (check if tandoori masala already has salt in it)
1. Preheat oven to 425 F
2. Combine all the ingredients
3. Transfer in a baking pan in a single layer.
4. Bake for 40-50 minutes till crunchy
5. Stir every 10 minutes.
6. Let it cool and store in air tight container.
1. Make sure that the peas do not get burnt