Saturday, December 11, 2010
Ginger-garlic paste 10 gm
fresh Cream 100 ml
Butter 75 gm
Kashmiri red chili powder 20 gm
Garam masala powder 10 gm
Kasoori Methi 5 gm
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan. Stir fry ginger-garlic paste lightly
2. Add fresh tomato paste, Kashmiri chili powder. Stir fry.
3. Add cashewnut paste till oil oozes out.
4. Add cream, butter, garam masala, kaoori methi.
5. This is the basic makhni gravy recipe.
1. I used Sanjeev Kapoor's Tikka Masala powder/spice mix to make my chicken tikkas by grilling them in oven and then added them to the simmering gravy.
2. Mr. Kak also shares some readers' contribution/tips etc to make the perfect recipe.
Cafe Gulzar Hotel President
Chef Easaw Johnson & Executive Chef Ananda Solomon
Times of India/Bombay Times