Jaggery Semolina Sweet
1 cup semolina/rawa
3/4 cup grated jaggery (use more or less per taste)
A small pinch of salt (optional)
1 tbsp ghee/toop/clarified butter
1 cup water + 1 cup milk
1/4 cup fresh coconut
2-3 cardamoms, peeled & powdered
A small pinch of nutmeg powder
1. Heat ghee. Roast semolina on a low flame till it changes color slightly
2. Boil milk and water mixture.
3. Dissolve jaggery in boiling milk mixture.
4. Keeping the gas low, add salt if using and sweet milk mixture. Keep on stirring till desired consistency is reached.
5. Stir in coconut and garnishing powders.
6. Serve warm.
1. Instead of serving in a bowl, you can pour the mixture in a greased plate. Cut into squares or diamonds and serve. When served as later, it is called ravyachi khantoLi.
2. When this shira is made with coconut milk instead of milk-water mixture, it is called soji.