Saturday, October 16, 2010
1 small cabbage head, roughly shredded
1/2 tsp ginger, roughly shredded
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil (or more!)
1 tsp mustard seeds
12 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 lemon, freshly squeezed
1. Heat oil in a wide saucepan or kadai or a wok. Add spices. As they sizzle, add shredded ginger and cabbage.
2. Stir fry quickly on a high flame till the cabbage is coated with oil.
3. Add salt and switch off the gas.
4. Do not cover with a lid.
5. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice as the cabbage cools down.
1. This salad needs to be crunchy. Covering with a lid may make it mushy.
2. You can also add shredded carrots and bell peppers.