Saat Kappi Ghavan
सात कप्पी घावन
Seven Layered Pancake
For making ghavan/pancakes
2 cups rice flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups fresh coconut water
For making stuffing
1 cup fresh coconut
3/4 - 1 cup grated jaggery
5 cardamoms, peeled & crushed
1 tbsp white poppy seeds/khuskhus
2 tsp rice flour
Oil for frying
1. Mix rice flour, salt. Add coconut water in a steady stream. Keep stirring till no lumps remain. Cover and set aside.
2. Heat a heavy bottomed pan. Add coconut and jaggery. As jaggery melts, add poppy seeds, cardamom powder and rice flour. Mix well. Let it cool down completely.
3. Heat a nonstick pan. When it is hot, add rice flour batter. It should have holes.
6. Now, put a ladleful of mixture on the pan.So the batter sticks to the half pancake. Drizzle some oil around.
9. Now again you see half part of pan. Add the batter so that it sticks to the remaining pancake.
3. I used my huge, nonstick pan. So the entire batter was used up to make this pancake. If your pan is smaller, you may get 2 or 3 pancakes. Please note that even a small piece of this layered pancake is quite filling.
4. Flipping this pancake back and forth is a delicate process. It gets trickier as the layers start increasing. Make this delicacy only when you have ample time on hand.