Saturday, September 25, 2010

Iron Chef Edition - Eggplant/Brinjal

 Maya's potato talasani is different than mom's talasani. Teppal or Tirphal adds a unique flavor. So I thought of making the talasani with eggplants. So here it is.

Recipe Source -
http://konkanworld.blogspot.com/2008/08/favourite-spice-teppal-sizchuan-pepper.html

Blog-
Konkan World by Maya

My Modifications -
Instead of using potatoes as used in Maya's original recipe, I used eggplant and potatoes. I sauted them in oil before adding the remaining ingredients.


Another recipe of eggplant made Bengali way - I tried Bhawna's recipe. Delicious!

Recipe Link
My Modification -
1. I added some panchphoran in tempering.

The star ingredient of this post is eggplant/brinjal which was cooked two ways. So this post is going to Nupur's BB 7 - Iron Chef Edition

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs