TandLachi Bhakri - count 6
Rice Flour Flatbread
1 1/4 cup water
1 cup rice flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp oil
dry Rice flour as needed for dredging
Any coconut based Chicken curry
Any Malvani curry
1. Bring water to boil adding salt. As it boils, add oil.
2. Then add rice flour, while stirring with a fork or spoon. Switch the gas to low.
3. When all the flour comes together in a uniform mass, switch the gas off. Cover with a lid. This cooked rice flour is called "ukad" in Marathi.
4. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
5. While flour has cooled enough to handle, knead it and make 6 uniform balls.
6. Take one ball and keep others covered till ready to use.
7. Knead it again till you make a uniform ball.
8. Using dry rice flour as needed, roll into a flatbread using a rolling pin.
1. I have been told that with practice, one gets a perfect circular shape. Though my bhakris were very soft and tasted great with curry, I haven't yet mastered the art of rolling rice flatbread into a perfect circle!:-D