Monday, August 23, 2010
Whenever I go to the Udupi restaurants, I order rawa dosa 9 out of 10 times. Here's my version to replicate the restaurant taste.
1 cup fine semolina/sooji/rawa
1 cup maida/all purpose flour
1 cup rice flour
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp asafoetida
salt to taste
4-5 cashews, broken into small pieces
2 green chilies, chopped
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 tbsp freshly grated coconut
1 sprig curry leaves, torn
1/4 tsp grated ginger
Oil for frying
1. Mix all the ingredients except oil to make batter. The batter should have a thin consistency.
2. Heat a nonstick pan.
3. Pour a ladle of batter. Spread evenly by tilting the pan.
4. Add oil as needed.
5. Let it cook till it's crisp.
1. For a rich taste, you can use ghee
2. Thinner the consistency, crispier the dosa will be.
3. Make sure that the pan is heated well to get the crispy dosa.Print Page