Saturday, August 28, 2010

Policha LaaDu

This is one of the recipes from my childhood. My grandmothers used to make this simple laadu for me. You can even use multi-grain flatouts or organic wheat tortilla.

PoLicha LaaDu
पोळीचा लाडू
2 chapatis - preferably day old, crushed in a blender makes about 3/4 cup
3 tbsp grated jaggery (or per taste)
A pinch of salt
2 cardamoms, peeled & crushed
1 tbsp melted clarified butter/toop/ghee (or as needed)

1. Crush the chapatis in a blender to get crumbs.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients.
3. Roll into laddoos.

Note -
1. I have even made these laadoos using multi-grain flatouts or wheat tortilla. However, they taste best with the homemade, day-old chapatis.
2. The above proportion gave me 3 laadus.

Print Page


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs