1 cup prunes/dried plums, chopped, soaked in 1/4 cup Orange Juice for 6 hours
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup walnut halves, ground coarsely in a blender
Mix with soaked prunes pieces
3 eggs, whisked
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
A few drops of vanilla essence
A pinch of cinnamon powder
1. Add walnuts-prunes mixture into eggs mixture. Stir well.
2. Now add dry mixture while stirring so there are no lumps.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F
4. Grease the cake loaf pan.
5. Pour the batter
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes
7. Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
8. Invert the cake in a platter.
9. After the cake has cooled down, cut into slices
1. I used sunsweet brand prunes.
2. Use freshly squeezed orange juice.
3. Plum cake is not meant to be cloyingly sweet. It needs to have that bittersweet plum taste. However, if you want, you can increase the amount of sugar per your taste.