Friday, August 6, 2010
I planted that Cuban Oregano just to devour these fritters and walk down the memory lane in Mumbai!:-D
Ovyachya Paananchi bhuji
ओव्याच्या पानांची भजी
Cuban Oregano Fritters
1/2 cup besan/chickpea flour
1 tbsp rice flour
1/4 tsp asafetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/8 tsp ajwain/owa (optional)
1/2 tsp chili powder or paprika
water to make thick batter
1 tsp super hot oil
1. Rinse the leaves and let them air dry.
2. Whisk besan batter so there are no lumps.
3. Heat oil for deep frying.
4. Dip each leaf in the batter and deep fry till it appears cooked on both sides.
5. Drain on the absorbent kitchen napkin.
6. Serve hot with ketchup or chutney and tea.
1. If there is any leftover batter remaining, you can dip any vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, bell peppers, eggplants and proceed to make the bhujiyas.