Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mint-Coconut-Yogurt Chutney


I love my fresh mint from the kitchen garden. These days I am using it very liberally in all my recipes. Yesterday, I added it to my usual coconut-daaLe chutney.

Mint Coconut Yogurt Chutney
Ingredients
1/4 cup fresh coconut
1/2 cup roasted , puffed chana daal/Pandharpuri daaLe/Daliya
2 sprigs mint, leaves torn
salt to taste
2-3 green chilies or to taste

Stir in
1 cup plain yogurt

Tempering
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1-2 dry red chilies, halved

Method
1. Grind all the ingredients except yogurt.
2. Pour the ground mixture in a bowl. Stir in plain yogurt.
3. Heat oil in a small saucepan. Add all the tempering ingredients. Drizzle the hot, tempered oil.
4. Mix well. Serve with idli or dosa.

Note -
1. Though it is not necessary, I used plain greek yogurt for this chutney. Regular yogurt works well too.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs