Adapted from Rustic European Breads from your bread machines
1 1/4 tsp bread machine's yeast
2 1/4 cup bread flour (I used King Arthur Organic)
1 (6 oz) can evaporated milk
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp + 2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1. Follow the directions of your breadmaker and add all the ingredients in the order specified by your machine.
2. Set bread machine setting to dough.
3. When the dough is ready for baking, take half a portion and bake it in a small cake loaf for 400 F, 15 - 18 minutes.
4. Cover and refrigerate the remaining dough for later use.
1. Since I wanted to make much smaller loaf, I used half of the dough. Otherwise, you could choose "Normal/Basic" setting of the breadmaker and proceed to bake in the breadmaker itself.
Rustic European Breads from your bread machine