Dudhi Chi Koshimbeer
Bottle Gourd Salad
1 small, very fresh bottlegourd, grated with peels & seeds
salt to taste
sugar to taste
2 tbsp roasted, unsalted peanuts, crushed coarsely
1 cup yogurt or more per taste
1 green chili, chopped
1 tsp oil or ghee/clarified butter
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/8 tsp asafoetida
1 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
1. Mix grated gourd with yogurt, salt, sugar, chili & peanuts powder
2. If using, heat oil in a small saucepan. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
3. Add sizzling oil to the salad
4. Garnish with cilantro.
1. Since we are making this salad raw, the bottle gourd needs to be very fresh. I also used peels and seeds since it was fresh.
2. I did not use tempered oil in the picture above.