Serve this simple curry with plain rice or rice bhakri/chapati.
1 lb ivygourds/tondli/tendli/tindora, sliced
1/2 cup cooked white peas/pandhra vatana
salt to taste
1 tsp jaggery
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp asafoetida
Gtind to paste
1/2 cup fresh coconut
3 - 4 byadgi chilies, roasted in few drops of oil
2 tsp coriander seeds, roasted in few drops of oil
1/8 tsp fenugreek seeds, roasted in few drops of oil
1 tsp urad daal, roasted in few drops of oil
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add asafoetida. Add ivygourds. Saute for 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover with a lid. Let it cook till soft.
2. Add cooked white peas, salt & jaggery.
3. Add ground masala paste and water to adjust the consistency.
4. Bring to boil.
5. Switch the gas to low. Let it simmer.
1. Pressure cook the white peas and let them cool down completely before proceeding.
2. Adjust the consistency by adding adequate amount of water to make thick or thin curry.