Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pathare Prabhu Sambhar Masala

Not long ago, my pantry or refrigerator door was decorated with nice array of ready made pre-packaged masalas. There were some homemade masalas lovingly sent by my mom (Goda Masala), my MIL (dhana jiru, pickle masala) and some dear friends (Malvani Masala & Kolhapuri Masala). But I used to buy all those chana masala, garam masala, pani puri masala, pav bhaaji masala, chaat masala,cholay masala, meat masala - you name it. and then I started blogging. That's when I started making my own masalas. I make my masalas on a small quantity. I generally have one garam masala handy. But I do not repeat the recipe. I keep looking for the new recipes from my own recipe booklets, blogs and internet. When browsing through Sanjeev Kapoor's website, I bookmarked his "Pathare Prabhu Masala". It intrigued me.

I think, Pathare Prabhus along with Kolis and Agris are considered the original inhabitants of Mumbai. They have their own cooking heritage. I tried some of their signature dishes which came out lipsmackingly delicious. But I will write about them in my next post.


Recipe Source -
http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe.aspx?RecipeId=590&Header=Searched Recipe&MenuId=0



Credits
Sanjeev Kapoor.com









LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs