1 lb chicken mince/kheema, rinsed
2 tbsp. yogurt
1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
*Grind to a fine paste
7 Kashmiri chilies, soaked in warm water for 4 hrs, drained
1 1/2 cup roughly chopped onion
3-4 cloves garlic
1" ginger, peeled & chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp Punjabi garam masala (or any garam masala available)
1 tbsp oil
2 green cardamoms
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tomato, roughly chopped
Red onion circles, sprinkled with salt & chaat masala
0. Marinate kheema with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder and yogurt. Set aside.
3. Add tomato and sauté again for 5 - 7 minutes.
4. Add chicken mince. Stir well. Add 1/4 cup water and salt to taste.
5. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles. Let the pressure drop by its own.
6. Serve along with suggested accompaniments
1. This kheema tastes the best next day. So if possible, make it previous day and refrigerate. Serve next day after heating up thoroughly.
2. Generally mutton mince is used for this recipe.
3. Kashmiri chilies give a gorgeous red color but not the heat.