Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Gudiya's Lettuce Koshimbeer

Gudiya loves to help me in the kitchen. My food blogging has exposed her to many different flavors. We "play" in our kitchen too. One of her favorite "games" is "smell game". She closes her eyes and I open some spices bottles and just by smell, she has to recognize the spices. She loves this game. "Mumma, star anise! cardamom, asafoetida or hinga, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, fennel seeds or badishep" - pat come the answers. She loves to knead the dough or even roll out the tiny chapatis. She loves to peel the boiled potatoes, mash them. She loves to pluck the cilantro leaves. However, her expertise is salad making. She is self-proclaimed salad chef! And her requirements are stringent. I need to keep all the chopped veggies ready and madam will assemble the salad. She loves this "job". Last time, when I had cut all the necessary veggies to make lettuce chi koshimbeer, Gudiya came to fix it. After carefully reviewing all the ingredients, she declared, "Everything looks great sous chef! however, master chef is not in mood to use lemon juice today. I need yogurt. and I am not going to add any fodNi (tempering)". Alrighty, sous chef had to keep the lemon juice away and take out the yogurt from the fridge. Gudiya's own salad recipe which was a little variation from the original one was born. She was extremely happy with her own creation. How can her proud mom not blog about it?

When I started blogging, I knew my blog will feature various recipes by my mom, dad,  mom-in-law, grandmothers, aunts, uncles, friends and relatives. I really could never imagine that my blog will also feature recipes by my daughter. Which other recipe could be more appropriate than Gudiya's Koshimbeer, to celebrate the 1000th post on my blog?

Gudiya's Lettuce Koshimbeer
1 iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 potato, boiled & peeled, cut
 1 or 2 small tomatoes, cut
1 small cucumber, peeled & cut
1/4 cup daaNyache kooT/roasted, unsalted peanut powder
salt to taste
sugar to taste
 1 cup plain yogurt

1. Mix all the ingredients and serve.

Note -
1. You can add chopped green chilies for heat/spice.

Print Page


LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs