Friday, July 9, 2010

Goadi Batati


If you are a Maharashtrian, you know "Pu.La.". You have read , heard or heard about him. It's as simple as that. Pu.La. or P.L. Deshpande was a welknown writer, singer, actor, producer, music composer and much more. He was lovingly known as Maharashtra's beloved personality (Maharashtrache laadke vyaktimatva).

In one of his plays or essays, there is a reference about "Goadi Batati". & I had no idea what this goadi batati was. Even my mom or aunts didn't know about it. We had discussed among ourselves long time ago and then it was forgotten.

After making Sanjeev Kapoor's Pathare Prabhu Masala and trying phoolgobhi sambhari using the same masala, I was looking for some authentic Pathare Prabhu recipes. That's when I discovered this website. and guess what? There it was - goadi batati! I called my mom and the first sentence I uttered was - "Mom,  I found Goadi batati!" :-D Mom even got the reference! Can't wait for my mom to visit me so I can make it for her again.

Recipe Source -


Recipe Credits


Print Page

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs