Tuesday, July 13, 2010
If you love fried prawns or kolumbi fry, chances are that you will also like this mushroom or aLambi fry. Many vegetarians in my family do not consider mushrooms as a vegetable and hence do not consume it. So if you are preparing for your vegetarian friend, make sure it's ok with them to eat mushrooms.
4 -5 medium sized mushrooms, sliced
salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp rice flour + 1 tbsp coarse semolina/rawa/sooji
Oil for deep or shallow frying
1. Clean/rinse mushrooms. Sprinkle all the ingredients till paprika. Using a few sprinkles of water, mix them so the powders coat the slices of mushrooms evenly.
2. Set aside for 10 minutes
3.Heat a pan. Add oil for shallow frying.
4. Dredge mushrooms in rice flour+semolina mixture.
5. If shallow frying, make sure to place the mushrooms in a single layer.
6. Fry till crunchy on both sides.
7. Drain the excess oil on the absorbent paper.
1. You can also deep fry these mushrooms.