Sunday, June 6, 2010
My friend's mom used to give this idli in her lunchbox. Since chutney is stuffed inside the idli, there was no possibility of spilling the chutney. I used mint chutney here, but any thick chutney can be used.
1 recipe idli batter
1 recipe pudinyachi chutney/mint chutney
oil for greasing idli mould
1. Grease the idli molds.
2. Pour half a ladle of the batter.
3. Place a small dollop of chutney.
4. Pour more batter to cover the chutney completely.
5. Steam in the idli steamer as usual.
6. Serve hot idlies
1. Make sure that the chutney is not too watery.