Monday, July 19, 2010
1 cup Rajgira/rajgaro flour
1 ripe banana, peeled & mashed
salt to taste
1 tsp green chili-ginger paste
1 tsp oil
1. Mix all the ingredients except oil. Knead into soft dough without adding any water.
2. Roll into 6 flatbread using more flour if needed - for rolling.
3. Heat tawa/griddle. Roast the flatbreads using oil or ghee. Make sure that the flatbreads get brown spots on both sides.
1. If making for fasting, ghee/clarified butter is used instead of oil.
2. Gujaratis use rock salt/sindhav/saindhav instead of regular sea salt for preparing fasting food.