Friday, June 11, 2010

Pudinewala Raita

This is my Punjabi friend's recipe. This recipe comes handy when my mint is overgrowing. I generally use any or all salad vegetables that I find in the pantry. But if I have some get together, I add some contrasting colors like pomegranate and boondi etc.

Pudinewala Raita
Mint Yogurt salad
Ingredients
1 cup plain yogurt

Grind to fine paste
3-4 sprigs of fresh mint (leaves torn)
3-4 sprigs of cilantro
1 clove garlic
2-3 green chilies (more or less per heat)
one small piece of onion
one small piece of red tomato
salt to taste

Stir in later -
red onion, finely chopped
and/or
red tomato, finely chopped
and/or
cucumber, finely chopped
or
boondi and fresh pomegranate seeds/DaaLimbache DaaNe

Method
1. Whisk yogurt with green paste. Set aside.
2. Stir in vegetables or boondi/pomegranate

Note -
Any salad vegetables of your choice can be used. But do not use beetroot as it will spoil the color contrast of this raita.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs