Wednesday, June 9, 2010
I saw these masala mini idlies at the Farsanwala when I visited Mumbai last year. I used whatever herbs and spices I had with me that day.
Masala Mini Idli
1 stand mini idlies = 72 mini idlies
1 tbsp sesame oil (Indian variety)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
A generous pinch of chaat masala
5-6 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
1. Heat oil in a wok or kadai. Add all the powders. Stir.
2. Add mini idlies quickly without letting the powders burn. Or take off the gas and add idlies.
3. Stir fry till the idlies are heated through.
4. Switch off the gas. Sprinkle black pepper powder and chaat masala.
5. Garnish with chopped mint leaves.
1. Use leftover mini idlies or idlies that are completely cooled off.