Spring onion is called leeli dungLi in Gujarati. (dungLi means onion; leeli is green). I found some fresh green/spring onions at our local farmers market. So decided to make my MIL's thepla.
Leeli DungLi na Thepla
1 cup bajra flour
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp coriander cumin powder
1 tsp oil
oil for roasting
1. Mix all the dry ingredients. Stir in spring onions. Adding water as needed, knead a dough.
2. Add 1 tsp oil. Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Make uniform balls. Roll into thin theplas.
4. Roast on hot tawa/pan till brown spots appear on both the sides. Use oil as needed for roasting/frying.
5. Save in a clean cotton towel till ready to use.
6. Serve along with chhundo (grated sweet n' spicy raw mango pickle).