Though this pithale can be served with any bhakri or plain rice, it goes very well with mumbri.
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 small onion, chopped approx = 2 tbsp
1 curry leaves sprig, torn
1 tsp chopped garlic
1. Heat oil in a kadai. add all the ingredients for tempering.
2. Saute till onion is soft.
3. Add whisked besan mixture.
4. Keep stirring till mushy pithale is formed.
5. Serve hot off the pan with mumbri
Do not make pithale in advance. It has to be made freshly and served immediately.