Monday, June 21, 2010
Bajra/Bajri and sesame seeds are eaten during Indian winters. Though I had a recipe of "Bajra na Vada", I didn't want to deep fry. So I used the recipe but made flatbreads. Those who wish to make vadas, please make small discs and deep fry.
Bajra na Vada
1 cup Bajra flour
1 tbsp Green chili-ginger paste
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Chili powder
salt to taste
sugar to taste
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp hot oil
Plan yogurt to knead, as needed
Oil for deep frying/roasting
1. Mix all the dry ingredients. Add 1 tsp hot oil. Using plain yogurt as needed, knead the dough.
2. Cover and keep aside for at least 1/2 hour.
3. For making vada - Make small balls. Roll out into small puris. Deep fry.
4. For making flatbreads - Make 4-5 uniform balls. Roll into flatbreads. Fry on a hot pan. Make a hole in the middle to drizzle some oil to cook.
1. As mentioned before, use the same recipe for making vadas by making small puries and deep fry.