Saturday, May 22, 2010
In a nutshell, this recipe may not be your authentic recipe. It will change with me and my many moods.
Potatoes and Punjabi wadis
4-5 medium potatoes, peeled & sliced, soaked in water till ready to use
4-5 grape tomatoes, halved
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp paprika or mild chili powder
1 or 2 Punjabi wadis, smacked
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 small onion, roughly sliced
4-5 mint leaves, finely chopped
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add all the ingredients except onion. As they start spluttering, add onion. Saute till onion is soft.
2. Stir in tomatoes and wadies. Saute for 2 minutes.
3. Now add potatoes, 2 cups water, garam masala, paprika. Bring to boil.
4. Switch the gas to low. Cover partially with a lid. Cook till potatoes are soft but not mushy.
5. Add salt. Let it simmer till the desired consistency is reached.
6. Switch off the gas. Stir in minced mint leaves. Cover with a lid
1. Boiled potatoes can be used.
2. I used grape tomatoes because they were readily available in my refrigerator.
3. Ginger-garlic paste may be added too.