Shepu chi Bhaaji(1)
शेपू ची भाजी
Dill Leaves Stir fry
1 bunch dill/shepu/suva, chopped
1/4 cup moong daal, soaked for 3 hours, drained
3 tbsp roasted, unsalted peanuts, coarsely powdered/daaNyache kooT
1 tbsp besan
salt to taste
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp asafoetida
2 green chilies, slit
3 - 4 cloves of garlic, slivered
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add mustard seeds, turmeric powder and asafoetida. As they splutter, add garlic cloves and chilies. Fry till garlic cloves are a golden brown.
2. Add drained moong daal. Saute for 2 minutes. Sprinkle some water.
3. Add chopped dill leaves. Cover with a lid. Keep water on the lid. Cook till moong daal is soft but not mushy.
4. Take off the lid. Add salt, peanut powder. Stir well. Sprinkle some besan. Cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Serve hot with chapati or bhakri.
1. Each grain of moong daal should be cooked but still separated. It should not be a mush.