Wednesday, May 19, 2010
This curry seemed to be perfect for a weeknight meal. No grinding masalas , no chopping onions! My kind of a curry for a busy day! I have absolutely no idea about how authentic this dish is, as I have modified it from the Prestige recipe booklet to suit our taste.
Recipe inspired by Prestige Recipe booklet
2 cups green peas (I used frozen peas)
1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese (or mawa/khoya/khava)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
salt to taste
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp Kashmiri Garam Masala
1 tbsp mustard oil
A pinch of asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp crushed kasoori methi
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add all the ingredients for tempering.
2. As they sizzle, add cheese and yogurt. Stir fry for 15 minutes on a medium flame.
3. Add paprika, kashmiri garam masala and salt to taste.
4. Add green peas and 1/2 cup water.
5. Cook for 10 more minutes. Adjust the gravy consistency.
6. Switch off the gas. Add kasoori methi. Cover with a lid.
1. If using fresh green peas, pressure cook them before adding to the curry.