Ingredients1/2 cup mashed banana (use ripe bananas)
1 cup all purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar (more or less per taste)
1/4 tsp. baking soda
A pinch of salt
2 green cardamoms, peeled & crushed
2. Mix all purpose flour, sugar and salt with baking soda.
3. Add flour mixture to the banana mixture. Mix well.
4. Cover and keep aside for 1 hour.
5. Heat water in steamer.
6. Add 1 tbsp. sugar in a pudding pot. Keep on the gas to get the caramelized sugar.
7. Immediately pour the batter or else the caramel will get too hard.
8. Cover and steam in the steamer for 45 - 60 minutes.
9. Take off the steamer. Remove the lid.
10. Let it cool down completely.
11. Loosen from the sides by inserting knife around the edges carefully. Invert on a serving platter.
12. Serve warm with cold vanilla ice-cream
2. I didn't grease the pudding pot and still got excellent result.
3. I used skim milk and yogurt made from skim milk. For richer taste, use whole milk and yogurt made from whole milk.