Paalkachi Taakatli Bhaaji
पालकाची ताकातली भाजी
1 Bunch Spinach, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 cup yogurt
1 cup water
1 tbsp Gram Flour/besan
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
2-3 green chilies, slit
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida, fenugreek seeds, turmeric powder & garlic cloves. Fry till garlic cloves are golden brown.
2. Add green chilies and then shredded spinach. Saute till spinach is wilted and soft.
3. Add buttermilk mixture to pan. Add salt & 1/2 cup water.
4. Keep stirring to bring to a gentle boil.
5. Switch the gas off.
1. If the curry is too thick, you can add more water to get the desired consistency.
2. Make sure that there are no lumps in the buttermilk-besan mixture.