Paalkachi Taakatli Bhaaji
पालकाची ताकातली भाजी
1 Bunch Spinach, finely chopped - approx 6 cups shredded spinach
1/4 cup raw peanuts, soaked for 2 hours (optional)
Salt to taste
1 cup yogurt
1 cup water
1 tbsp Gram Flour/besan
2 tsp oil
5-7 garlic cloves, peeled & mashed each clove
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
2 red chilies, halved
0. Pressure cook spinach and peanuts - if using.
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida, fenugreek seeds, turmeric powder & garlic cloves. Fry till garlic cloves are golden brown.
2. Add red chilies. Saute for few seconds. Add pressure cooked spinach-peanuts mixture.
3. Add buttermilk mixture to pan. Add salt & 1/2 cup water.
4. Keep stirring to bring to a gentle boil.
5. Switch the gas off.
1. If the curry is too thick, you can add more water to get the desired consistency.
2. Make sure that there are no lumps in the buttermilk-besan mixture.
3. After cooking, spinach gets wilted and reduces to a small quantity. Adjust salt accordingly,.