Mushroom Fanna Upkari
1 pack mushrooms, cleaned and cut
salt to taste
1 tsp tamarind paste
1 tbsp chili powder (use less if you absolutely do not want it to be too fiery)
1 cup water
1 1/2 tbsp oil (preferably coconut oil)
1 1/2 cup finely cut onions
1. Heat oil in an iron kadai/wok. Add onions. Saute on a medium flame till onion is brown, but not burnt
2. Add chili powder and saute for 30 seconds.
3. Add tamarind paste, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
4. Add mushrooms. Let them cook and let curry have a thick consistency.
5. Serve with chapati or rice.
1. If you want a mild flavor, use paprika instead of hot chili powder.