Any Indian ritual is incomplete without a feast. For this mousaL event, we had some glorious, Gujarati feast. Although, I can't cook all of it, I cooked one such dish just to celebrate Jihva - Wedding Feast.
Mag daal na bhujiya
Yellow Moong Daal fritters
1 cup yellow moong daal
2-3 green chilies
1" ginger, peeled & chopped
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
salt to taste
1/4 cup coriander leaves/cilantro - chopped
Oil for deep frying
Method1. Soak moong daal for 6 hours. Drain.
2. Grind with all the remaining ingredients except oil.
3. Take out in a big container and stir well, adding 1 tsp hot oil
4. Heat oil for deep frying in a wide kadai. Drop spoonfuls of small fritters in a single layer. Do not over crowd.
5. Fry till they are golden brown from all sides. 6. Serve with chutney or ketchup.
Note1. They should be crispy from outside and soft from inside.
2. Note that these fritters are very small compared to usual vada size. They are of the size of berries.
3. For a variation, chopped fresh fenugreek leaves can be added to the batter just before frying.
This post is my entry to Priya's Jihva - Wedding Feast. Jihva event is started by Indira of Mahanandi.