I tried this recipe thinking it will be a good lunchbox item for my daughter. I didn't except anything much. However, when I tasted these buns, they transported me to Mumbai. They tasted just like the rolls/buns we used to have at Hearsch bakery.
Chicken Bun Roll
Recipe adapted from Bread Machine Baking
5/8 cup skim milk
2 cups organic bread flour (I used King Arthur brand)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp rapid rise active dry yeast
For the filling
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
10 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp paprika or any mild chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
a pinch of garam masala
salt to taste
A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp sesame seeds
1. Mix all the ingredients for stuffing in a big bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2. Pour milk and all the ingredients for making bread in the bread maker container according to the manufacturer's instructions.
3. Set the bread maker to "Dough" mode.
4. Pour all the stuffing mixture in a saucepan. Stir fry till chicken is thoroughly cooked. Set aside to cool down completely. Mince it completely using food processor. Set aside.
5. When the dough cycle is finished, remove the dough from the machine. Punch it down on a floured surface.