Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Musical's Mothaan Di Khichdi for Blog Bites#1

I am blogging about Musical's Mothaan Di Khichdi for Blog Bites#1 event started by Nupur of One Hot Stove. I also made Ven Pongal & Eggplant Gostu for this event using rice cooker from Nupur and Sukanya's blogs. But since Nupur had already blogged about it (well, that's how I came to know about this recipe, in the first place!), I decided to blog about the pressure cooker recipe. I can't imagine my life without pressure cooker. I own 4 different types of them - Prestige regular pressure cooker, Prestige Handi, Prestige Pressure Pan and one small & cute pressure cooker. (Thanks to mom, mom-in-law & aunts!)

I always wonder why pressure cooker is not so popular in the US? I mean with its energy and time saving benefits, I would think this versatile cooker should have been a regular appliance in every American kitchen.

I bookmarked Musical's Khichdi as it's a super comfort food. It's easy to make and nutritious too.


Recipe by


Link

My Modifications -
1. I added turmeric powder and asafoetida - out of habit!



LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs