Parwar chi Bhaaji
Parwar Stir Fry
1 lb parwar, ends discarded, cut into slices
1 or 2 potatoes, peeled, cut into slices
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp fresh coconut (optional)
0. After slicing the veggies, put them in water till tempering is getting ready.
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
2. As the seeds splutter, drain the veggies & add to the pan. Stir fry till oil coats the veggies. Add chili powder and stir again.
3. Switch the gas to medium. Cover with a lid with water on top. Let it cook till veggies are cooked - soft but not mushy.
4. Add salt & coconut - if using.
5. Serve with chapati or ghadichi poLi.
1. The same bhaaji is also made without using the lid. In that case, it needs more oil where it is stir fried till crisp. This method is called "partun" or "paratleli" bhaaji.